Eldred House Investigation 2018

Born in 1796 in Connecticut Ward Eldred had his eye on Illinois while it was still a territory. He and his cousin Swift traveled by foot from their home in New York ’s Mohawk Valley to Illinois in 1818. In the months just before statehood, they surveyed land in northern Madison County (presently Greene County) before returning to New York.  

The Eldred’s had waited for assurances that Illinois would not enter the union as a slave state before committing themselves to moving west. A letter from Madison County resident George Churchill to Swift Eldred, dated 1818, addresses this concern. Churchill had made his acquaintance with Swift during the Eldred visit, and informed Swift that the state constitutional convention has “decided against slavery in general,” although the presence of previously owned slaves was as yet undecided. Churchill is optimistic about the prospects for Yankee settlement. He hopes for “Yankee Fashion” ballot- based elections and for ridding the new state of the “little remnant of slavery.” 

Ward married his first of four wives in January, 1819 and promptly returned to west central Illinois with his brother Elon and a herd of sheep that the two had driven from Ohio. In March 1820, his father Jehosaphat, and a clan of twelve other family members journeyed from New York to Illinois, settling west of Carrollton and awaiting the creation of a new county with newly surveyed land. A family anecdote says Jehosaphat’s youngest son Silas, who was only ten years old at the time, decided that he was not going with the rest of the family. His father told him that he could stay if he wanted but was quite sure that when Silas saw them leaving on the boats that he would change his mind and catch up with them. Much to his father’s chagrin he did not and the family had to double back a considerable distance to get Silas. 

Early in 1821, the Illinois legislature created seven new counties, dividing Madison County in the process to create Greene County. Before the land sale, the purchasers had made an agreement between themselves that they would not bid against each other. Instead the land choice would be based on who was first to arrive in the county. Land was sold in lots of no less than 80 acres or 1/8 section for no less than $100. Jehosaphat and Robert Hobson each claimed to be the first to arrive and should therefore receive the best piece of ground. According to the 1879 Greene County History, the Eldred’s arrived at the sale late and had an abundance of money. It is said that their saddle bags of gold and silver were so heavy that it required two men to carry them into the land office. Jehosaphat and Robert Hobson failed to come to an agreement before the sale and the result was a bidding contest. Jehosaphat became the purchaser at $150. This price so enraged Jehosaphat that he told Hobson that he would bid against him for any piece of land he wished to buy, ensuring he would pay a like amount. Friends interfered and Jehosaphat agreed that if Hobson paid him the $50 he would allow him to purchase the land. 

Jehosaphat Eldred and his sons William and Ward purchased Greene County land in January. Ward purchased five 80 acre (one eighth section) tracts in Sections 17, 20, and 21 of Carrollton Township. Some of this land today is still owned by the Eldred Family. His family probably made their initial homestead in Section 21. His second son, James John Eldred, was born in 1828. 

When Polly Langdon-Eldred died in October of 1822, she was buried on the Eldred’s Farm just west of the Rainey memorial statue north of Carrollton. The grave has long since been plowed under. With the passing of his wife, Jehosaphat moved to Galena, Illinois, during the lead mining excitement and went into extensive operations. He also established a stock farm at the mouth of the big Sandy Creek in Scott County. Upon his death in 1842, he left his vast holdings to his children and they drew legacies from his estate at Galena. 

The Center for American Archaeology suggests habitation of the future James J. Eldred House property during the 1820’s, primarily due to the discovery of domestic debris from that decade during the 1990’s excavations. Deed records indicate, however, that the school board commissioner did not sell the property until 1833, and it is likely that the 1830’s occupants owned ceramics and pearl ware dating to the mid-to-late 1820’s. Any 1820’s homesteaders would have been a squatter without title to the land, and such evidence as has been discovered is from excavations made within the walls of a later structure. 

The land on which the Eldred House would be built was owned by one of the early settlers of Bluffdale, Richard Robley, and several years after his migration with an idealistic group of New Englanders. In the late 1820’s several Vermont families, including the Robleys, Spencers, Brushes, and Russells, moved to Greene County and named their new settlement Bluffdale. Richard Robley first purchased 80 acres of land in Section 9, just north of the future Eldred House, in 1823. He later purchased 80 acres in Section 15 to the east. The state legislature designated Section 16 land for schools in 1829, but amended the law to allow the sale of such lands in 1831. In 1833 Robley purchased 310 acres of the south half of Section 16 from the Illinois School Commissioner, Samuel Smith, but apparently deferred payment.  In 1836, Robley sold the land to Hiram R. Brown, who paid $752 for it and who may have built a dwelling on the site or occupied a Robley-built structure with his wife Hanna. During the Brown ownership, Ward Eldred’s family lived across the road in Section 21. In 1838, the families likely contributed to the construction of distinctive limestone fencing that ran for seven miles along the Bluffdale Road. Road widening and paving in the 1930’s destroyed a majority of the fencing. 

When Ward Eldred purchased the land in the Illinois River Valley from Hiram R Brown in April 1840, he paid $4000 for the 310 acres in Section 16 and 160 acres in Section 17, adding to his extensive holdings in the area. The increased value of the land is probably due in part to the presence of a residential structure and possibly other support structures on the property. This coincides with archaeological evidence pointing to a structure on the site occupied during the 1830’s. 

Ward Eldred’s first two wives had died before he purchased the Section 16 property in 1840. He would marry twice more in the coming decade while raising cattle and growing crops on his lands. All four wives died during childbirth. The 1850 Census reveals Ward, at age 54, as the head of household, which also included his son James (21) along with four younger brothers and a seven year old sister, Evaline. The widower lost his own life in 1851 after contracting erysipelas (acute skin disease) while driving cattle during a flood in the Illinois bottoms.  After his father’s death, James John Eldred purchased his older brother Ward’s interest in the Section 16 property. James had married Emeline Smead, the sister of his father’s fourth wife, in February 1851, and the couple probably lived in the old Eldred Home.  During 1851 the Eldred’s completed a new four story limestone barn west of the house.  

Ward had need of such a structure, and had been gathering stone, flooring, and shingles for this purpose. At the time of his death he owned 194 head of cattle, 70 cows, 58 calves, 30 horses, and five oxen and goats.  He sold cheese to the major market in nearby St. Louis and grew wheat and corn.  James J. Eldred inherited the cheese making equipment and raised a variety of livestock and crops. The farm flourished and the Eldred’s had four children by 1860. In addition to the immediate family, the Eldred’s also supported two domestics, and his seventeen year old sister Evaline. Three farm laborers assisted them in the growing of their crops. As the nation headed to Civil War, Eldred’s personal prosperity had led him to plan and erect a new limestone farmhouse. 

The James J Eldred house completed in 1861 was probably the most elegant residential structure in the region and is an important surviving example of Greek Revival architecture transplanted to the Illinois bluff. Combining the stylistic values of neoclassicism with traditional local materials, Eldred created a county estate home that became a center piece of regional social life during the 1860’s and 1870’s. 

James and Emeline Smead Eldred raised children, managed a farm, and regularly hosted social gatherings. The prime years of the Eldred House were not all gaiety and light for its owners, however. All three Eldred daughters died at home: Alma at age 4 in 1861, Alice at 17 of tuberculosis in 1870, and Eva at 17 from the same cause in 1876. The unpredictability of agricultural life left James Eldred’s finances strained at times. In 1870, for example, a private tutor of the Eldred children sued Eldred for non-payment. He faced another suit in 1900, owing money to John Snyder of Carrolton in a case apparently involving a lease on Eldred property that was settled out of court. James, now 52, shared farming duties with his son Ward, 25, and also housed a 38 year-old cousin named Albon E. Wilson, a teacher at the old Columbiana School at the Illinois River ferry landing on the Greene County side of the river. Wilson was James Eldred’s cousin, and discussed purchasing land from James as early as 1880 to settle a debt. Not quite ready to sell, Eldred nevertheless felt the strain of maintaining his holdings. Wilson’s journal notes that in January 1880, “James was wounded yesterday with a pain in his back, was not able to be out all day to attend to his work.” In addition to teaching, Wilson helped on the farm and assisted in the sale and transport of Eldred’s crops. 

Wilson moved and started a grocery business in Carrolton later in 1880, and the Eldred’s began to sell land the following year. George Garretts bought 40 acres in Section 17 that year. In March 1883, floods sent many bottom dwellers away from the area and threatened crops. The Eldred’s still retained their reputation as social hosts, receiving attention in April for another successful party, but as with several other land owners in that area, 1883 represented a diminishment of their agricultural efforts at Bluffdale. James J. Eldred, Jesse Flatt, Roswell Flat, Ellen Hermans, and Anton Brichge all had “significant chunks of land” seized, presumably for debt. Albon E. Wilson gave up the grocery trade as he became engaged to the wealthy Cassie Robertson. He purchased title to farmland including the majority of Eldred’s in April, 1883. Wilson paid Eldred $8000 for the old Eldred property in Section 21, married Robertson the next day, and began managing the Bluffdale farm from the old Ward Eldred homestead. While James and Emeline Eldred lived at the James J. Eldred House until James death in1911, they sold their house and Section 16 property to Wilson for $12,000, in 1901. By that time the Wilson's were living in Carrollton and the farm was managed by Lawrence Wagener. Wagener who went to work on the farm in 1883 as a teen was assisted by his cousin Meek. Wagener moved onto the property in 1896, raising his family there as he managed Wilson’s agricultural affairs. Before Albon Wilson died in 1912 he signed over the property to his wife Cassie. The Wagener and Meek families continued to live on and manage the farm until her death in 1936. 

Upon Cassie Wilson’s death, the property went up for sale. Robert H. Levis of Godfrey bought 1,517 acres for nearly $27,000. Levis bought and sold several pieces of land in the area in the 1930’s and 1940’s, but the house and immediate property remained in his hands until 1995. Levis made the farm part of a budding absentee agri-business enterprise, eventually naming it Bluffdale Farms, Inc., with on-sight tenants as managers. Levis’ farm managers did not use the J.J. Eldred House as a residence but rather the more modern 1918 house across the road. The only upgrades that occurred to the house during the 20th century have been the addition of two 15 amp fuses. The only occupation of the house during the Levis ownership appears to have been a pair of families seeking refuge from a 1943 flood and archeologists during the nearby Koster excavations in the 1970’s. 

Over the years the house became an informal repository for farm equipment. The great flood of 1993, advocated the creation of an information center and a scenic byway in the area. After three years of negotiations, a non profit organization, The Illinois Valley Cultural Heritage Association (IVCHA), was granted custodianship of the house in June, 1995. IVCHA hoped to restore the house and use it for a visitor’s center for the area. By the time Bluffdale Farms (Levis family) donated the property, the building was in disrepair but the structure itself was sound.


Address: GPS 39.307829, -90.548598, Eldred , Illinois   62027  

Owners: Illinois Valley Cultural Heritage Society

Website: www.eldredhouse.com







Hauntings: Reports of a Native American has been sighted along the tree line due to an accidental exhuming of his grave on the property. Rocks have been thrown especially in the kitchen. Other reports include phantom footsteps, knocking on the front door, conversations between a man and a woman have been heard, giggles of a young lady, equipment getting turned off on its own, small shadows in the nursery, apparitions throughout the home and the grounds and some have been touched within the house.  

Cindy Moss’s husband was hit by a rock the first time he entered the building. The ghost of Alma, who was the daughter of Emeline,  has been reported here along with a young black boy named William who likes to throw rocks at people. There have been reports of whole pecans being thrown and doors that rattle.  

Master Bedroom or James’ Office: water bottles have been thrown here in the past. While we were doing the initial walk-through there was some K-II activity here.  

Dining Room: in the past when investigators have brought food into the building and consumed it here, activity often occurs.  

Women’s Parlor: a picture of Ward Eldred sits on the mantle. There have been reports in the past of a ghost in front of the fireplace that walked out of the room. The apparition had no legs.  

Gentleman’s Room: somewhere in the past a local farmer stored corn in this room and the floor collapsed into the basement. K-II activity happened while we were in this room. Even in 1956 when the last of the families lived here, there was no floor. A traveling salesman died in this room. Reports of knocking on the door and when investigators try to ask questions about the door knocks, they get no responses.  

Master Bedroom: many people get dizzy or experience what is often described as a fun-house effect while entering the room. There are many toys, marbles and other trigger objects on the mantle. One time some marbles were placed on the floor for the spirits to interact with and later when investigators came back, they found those marbles had been moved and were now back on the mantle! Cameras and tape recorders left in the room are often turned off and rocks skip across the floor.  

Nursery: sometimes also referred to as Alma’s Room there is often interaction with the toys and balls that have been placed on the floor. Balls sometimes roll and spin around on the floor without being touched. An apparition of a little girl was actually photographed in the window of this room.  

In another upstairs room an apparition of a women dressed in a red dress has been seen in the past. This woman has been seen both in the Blue and Yellow Rooms.  

Ava’s or Alice’s Room: during our initial walk-through, someone in our group had their butt grabbed by something unseen.  We also heard thuds and the sounds of running feet nearby.  

Attic: a very dizzy and nauseous effect overcame almost our entire group when we visited this area. A face of a lady has been seen looking into one of the windows. She is described as middle-aged and wearing a hat. Investigators who come here should include questions about music or dancing.




Equipment setup: Mostly hand-held equipment was used including digital recorders and camcorders, Ovilus X, Melmeter, Tri-Field Natural EM Meter, Mini Portal, Phasma Box, IR illuminators and digital cameras.  

Experiments performed: EVP, Ovilus X and Phasma Box sessions were conducted in the Kitchen, Dining Room, Nursery, Master Bedroom, Attic and outside by the wall where the body of a Native American Indian was accidentally dug up. Meagher also attempted to communicate with the possible ghosts of children in the Nursery while reading passages from the book Alice in Wonderland.

The Ghost Research Society investigated Eldred House September 22, 2018. Team members included: Barbara Meagher, Marge Sucha, Katie Para, Mike Rosario and Dale Kaczmarek with help from Tim Schmudlt and Melissa Johnson from Ghost Head Soup









Personal Experiences:  

Barbara Meagher: First investigation was done in the Kitchen where a 23 minute EVP session was done. No EVPs heard on digital recording.

Another EVP session was conducted by this investigator and others in the Dining Room. This investigator recorded for 12 minutes, no evidence found.

An 18 minute EVP session was then conducted in the Nursery. Several trigger objects and singing of children’s songs, and reading of a children’s book were implemented. No findings on the recording.

Lastly and EVP session was conducted at the back wall of the property. This investigator recorded for 8 minutes no EVPS heard.  

Kathie Para: GRS members present were: Dale, Mikey, Marge, Barb and me. We were joined by Ghost Head Soup members Tim and Melissa.

With EMF meter in hand, Cindy, one of the caretakers of the building, gave us a lengthy tour complete with the history and at times responses from resident spirits on her meter. There were times when our various meters also responded.

We did several EVP sessions throughout the night using several types of equipment. The Phasma Box and the mini portal gave us the most success by far. I have included many audio clips I recorded in this report. Many of them were in direct response to us.

By far the two areas in the house that struck me as the most active, as far as physically affecting me, were the Master Bedroom and the Attic.

The Master Bedroom had a heavy, creepy feeling. I actually felt it before I even crossed the threshold to the room. I could feel very cold air swirling around my legs during most of our time in there. I also caught a glimpse of a shadow in the hallway outside the room.

Many of us felt dizzy and off kilter as soon as we entered the Attic. So much so, that we cut our time short there. It was crazy!

The Eldred House definitely has a lot of paranormal activity going on. I would love to return and spend more time there.


Mike Rosario: I would have to put this investigation very high on the list of paranormal exploring for sure.  This place was absolutely phenomenal in every way possible. Dating back to its roots in 1861, the house has lived through so much, even a Civil War.  I've always wanted to investigate this building for so incredibly long, and I am so thankful that our group had a chance to do it.  Many thanks to Kelly Davis and her team for making this all possible for us! The following information/incidences that had happened at this location over the years include: Rocks being thrown in the kitchen room (William-child entity), picture frames breaking, as well as bottles being thrown inside the bedroom. Other various mischievousness incidents that have been noted to take place here as well. I believe it was said that all of the James J. Eldred girls died inside the house: Alma, Alice, Ava, and Emeline. A traveling salesman is said to have passed away there, and also haunts the house as well.  It definitely has had its share of fascinating history for sure.  

Our investigation took off at approximately 8:30pm on Saturday, September 22, 2018. Weather was warm, and cooled throughout the night. We had a slight breeze, and the sky was clear and calm. Equipment used was my K-II meter, a Philips Digital Voice Recorder, a Sony Super Night Shot Handy-Cam DCR-TRV13 NTSC 560 Digital Hi-8 20X Optical Zoom video camcorder, a Police Security Elite Blackout 615 Lumen Hands-free Heavy Duty Flashlight, Sony Handy-Cam HDR-XR160 AVCHD 42xEZ video camcorder, a Fujifilm FinePix A-340 4.0mp digital camera, and a handheld green laser grid device.  We were guided by a lady named Cindy to investigate several haunted locations within the house and grounds. Afterwards, we first began investigating in the kitchen area.  This is where a prominent child entity by the name of William likes to be a bit mischievous by throwing things at folks, especially rocks! Later, during the EVP session, Dale used his Phasma Box device to try to see if anyone wanted to talk with us. From there, we then took a small break, and then moved to the large Dining Room area (1st flr.) to do another EVP session. I used my green laser grid, and pointed it at (I believe it was the north-east side of the Dining Room area, and at an adjacent hallway) to see if an entity would disturb the light with its movement.  We spent about a good 15 minutes here at this location before moving upstairs to the Servant's/Nursery quarters. This was located almost directly above the Kitchen area. This room was amazing to see, as nearly half of the floor was revealed, and you could see right through the ceiling to the first floor! It also had that very haunting feel as well. Nobody had lived in this place for over half a century, and nobody had taken an interest in fixing this beautiful structure until recently. The Servant's/Nursery Room, however, had a creepy feel to it, though. Indeed, we did conduct a good EVP session there, and even had trigger objects, such as toys, dolls, cracker jacks and a bouncy ball, as well as some books that were provided; and one of our GRS members, Barb Meagher, read for the deceased girls. From there, we proceeded to what looked like the Master Bedroom. A very large, very haunting/creepy-looking room there on the second floor level. From what we were told, this was one of the rooms that at least one of the late teenaged girls had boarded. She was an aspiring artist, and avid book reader. When I entered the room, I had an overwhelming feeling of sadness. It wasn't a really heavy feeling, but I did feel a lot of sadness. I really wanted to cry, because of the sheer intensity of such emotion that I felt in this room. Standing there in this room where beautiful things once happened, as well as not so beautiful things. I believe there were three large windows in this room that, I could imagine, she must've sat at the sills, just looking out into the wide-opened grassy fields, waiting for something to happen in her life that would either inspire her or make her heart melt in some way, or make her sad and be filled with despair. Maybe a dream, or waiting for a long lost love, or even waiting for one of her family members coming over the pond to visit her and her family for a short time perhaps. I possess no psychical or empathetical powers whatsoever, but I just immediately sensed a great deal of joy and overwhelming sadness in this room. So much so that it nearly had me in tears. After this EVP session, we all took a break before we headed downstairs into the Basement. Once we descended to the Basement, another feeling was very prominent for me: fear. This is where the family's cheese-making business was carried out, actually. I sincerely believe that nearly 160 years really took its toll in this area, as almost every corner of the room was empty, dark, damp, dirty, muddy, broken, disheveled, and dilapidated. During an EVP session in this area, I felt that I was touched, and even heard (very noticeably in my ear) the sound of a male's voice grasping/growling! This was literally the very first time this has ever happened to me on an investigation! It truly excited me to the core! Freaky, though, as it was a first for me, but exciting nonetheless. The third floor Attic space was our next place to investigate. It was a very old and rickety place to be, as you still could see planking boards, and thin ceiling ply boards covered in plaster that were rotting away, with paint chips peeling from the wood itself onto the floor below. Here we did a short EVP session, as it was a very tight, and cramped space for all if us to be in at the time. Lastly, we moved to the front lawn of the house, where an alleged Native American burial ground is said to be present. We also did a small EVP session in this spot as well. Afterwards, we wrapped up our investigation. Again, I am so glad I came to this place. I felt that it was my third home away from home, and that I, too, belong there in a way. It's a very beautiful place, and I am so glad that the current owners are trying to restore it to its original grandeur.  

The investigation ended at approximately 3:00am on Sunday, September 23, 2018.  

Upon reviewing all of my evidence, it is sad to note that I didn't pick up any evidence photography/video-wise. However, upon reviewing my digital voice recorder (DVR), I did pick up a few EVPs in the Kitchen, Dining Room, Nursery/Servant's Room, second floor Master Bedroom, and the Native American Indian burial ground area. The following EVPs are as follows:  

Kitchen Area:

"Don't touch that pot, its warm!"

"Emeline's here."

"Kelly Davis."

"My name's Emeline."  

Dining Room Area: 


Nursery/Servant's Area:

"Alice & Rabbit."

"Let him go!"

"Shave and a haircut (two knocks)."  

Second Floor Master Bedroom Area:


"Potential Keyword."

"I don't know."

"I'm hoping."  

Native American Indian Burial Ground Area:


"Sister had a fight."


Again, I completely enjoyed this entire investigation, and I was so glad to finally come to this location! It was a very interesting and emotional experience, to say the least! It would be an honor to follow up with another investigation some other time, however. Again, many thanks to Kelly Davis and Cindy for letting us investigate this lovely old house. It truly does belong to a beautiful age in time.  

Marge Sucha: Equipment I used:  Fuji Film Disposable Camera, Olympus Digital Voice Recorder, K-II meter, EDI meter.  

We were first given a tour of Eldred House.  The tour was very informative.  

Some of the highlights from the night:

Kitchen area we had some interesting names come through the Phasma Box.

Dining Room was fairly active.  Using the Mini Portal we had some good responses to our questions.   

In the Nursery while Barb was reading Alice in Wonderland the words Alice and Rabbit came through on the Mini-Portal.  Also Kevin had a headset on and had a ghost box and Ovilus X on and he would say a word when it would come through.   One of our investigators asked how are you feeling right after that Kevin said "better.” Pretty cool.  

In the Master Bedroom several of us felt / heard someone walk across the room when none of us did.  At one point I felt panicky and wanted to leave the room.   

I felt very dizzy in the Attic and could not stand up all the way.  I'm pretty sure the floor was not level.  I have been in rooms where floors aren't level but this really through me for a loop.

Using the Mini-Portal we got some responses in all the rooms including outside.  

The Eldred House is a beautiful piece of history.  I hope to go back to explore this place again.  

Dale Kaczmarek: This was my second visit to the Eldred House, the first being a public event with a lot of people so there was some contamination of the EVP sessions. The building looks much better than it did for that investigation thanks to those who volunteered their time and effort to preserve and maintain this location.  

There were some equipment fluctuations especially in the Nursery and some very direct and interesting responses while in the Kitchen.  I got extremely dizzy with vertigo while in the attic as did many from the group that went upstairs. It may have simply been the way the room was laid out and a possible slant but everyone who went upstairs complained about a dizzy sensation.  

Evidence collected:  

2 thuds eldred.MPG – during our initial walk-through and while inside Ava’s or Alice’s Room, two thuds were audibly heard in the background and recorded on Kaczmarek’s camcorder.

Attic cry eldred.MPG – while conducting a short Phasma Box session in the attic, a cry was heard and recorded.  

Bye bye eldred.MPG – while conducting a Phasma Box session Master Bedroom, a question was asked, “Can you say good bye?” The device responded with, “Bye bye.”  

Demonstration eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Master Bedroom, the device said, “Demonstration.”  

Dining room wine eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Dining Room, a comment was made, “We’re in the Dining Room now eating crackers and cheese...” The device replied with, “Wine.”  

Don’t touch warm eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Kitchen, the device said, “Don’t touch warm.”  

Don’t worry about it eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Kitchen, a comment was made, “I just want to know if I’m going to be fed. What time is…?” The device responded with, “Don’t worry about it.”  

How eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session outside by the Wall, the device said, “How.”  

How we doing eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Kitchen, the device said, “How we doing?”  

I don’t know eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Master Bedroom, a question was asked, “What’s your name?” The device responded with, “I don’t know.”

I’m hoping eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Dining Room, above the conversation amongst the group, the device said, “I’m hoping.”  

Kelly Davis eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Dining Room, a question was asked, “Do you like Kelly Davis?” The device produced a full sentence that we could not make out.  

Kitchen Emilyna eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Kitchen, the device suddenly says a word that sounds very much like, “Emilyna” who used to live in the house.  

Kitchen Erogenous penis eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session, a question was asked, “Can you tell me what they use this room for?” A weird sentence came through that did not actually answer the question but sounds like it said, “Erogenous penis.”  

Kitchen he can’t talk eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Kitchen, a question was asked, “Is your name Jesus?” The device responded with, “He can’t talk.”  

Kitchen Jesus eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Kitchen, a question was asked, “Is there anyone in the kitchen, if so, can you tell me your first name?” The device responded with, “Jesus.”  

Kitchen noise eldred.MPG – while conducting an EVP in the Dining Room, a loud noise was heard and recorded coming from the Kitchen area.  

Let him go eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Nursery, a question was asked, “Is James here?” The device responded with, “Let him go.”  

Master bed quite secret eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Master Bedroom, a comment was made, “Whatever you want to talk about, we’ll talk with you.” The device said, “Quite secret.”  

My name’s Emeline eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Kitchen, the device said without a question being asked, “My name’s Emeline.”  

Nursery knocks eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Nursery, Para attempted to elicit a response by knocking out Shave and a Haircut. The device responded with two sounds as if it were completing the jingle.  

Please (stir) the gravy eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Kitchen, a comment was made, “Ouch. I touched that pot. Why didn’t you tell me it was hot?” The device responded with, “Please (stir?) the gravy.”  

Potential keyword eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session in the Master Bedroom, a question was asked, “Are there too many people in here?” The device responded with, “(old?) potential keyword.”  

Running feet eldred.MPG – during our initial walk-through and while in Ava’s or Alice’s Room, just after the group had heard two thuds in the background, a question was asked, “Can you do it again please?” Almost immediately the sound of running feet was captured in the background on Kaczmarek’s camcorder.

Sisters had a fight eldred.MPG - while conducting a Phasma Box session outside near the Wall, the device said, “The sisters had a fight.”  

Words spoken by the Ovilus X in dictionary mode: Nursery; soccer and plant.  

Conclusions: The Phasma Box was again the most active piece of real-time EVP communication equipment that was used during our visit. There were many very clear voices and sentences that came through this device; many that answered specific questions posed. The Ovilus X only said two words during the times it was employed.  

During our first visit which was a public event, there were too many people during our EVP sessions that contaminated some sessions and possible real people throwing pebbles around to gain attention from Guiley and Kaczmarek.  

I believe this time a more thorough investigation was conducted with all the major “hot spots” covered. This is a fascinating place with a lot of history and ghosts it would seem.

Ghost Research Society (www.ghostresearch.org)
© 2018 Dale Kaczmarek. All rights reserved.
Web site created by Dale Kaczmarek